I have recently started up my blog again by posting more often and I have also decided to start up a Youtube account. By doing this I can subscribe and watch all the favourite youtubers and videos I want. Plus I am starting to upload my own videos on hauls and my makeup routine etc. I will try and upload a few videos every month, however this will depend on if I have anything to do a video on, but i shall try my very best! I would love for you to check it out and watch a few of my videos, it would make my day to think I am helping people and advising people on products. Feel free to message me on any ideas for future videos and also to comment and inbox me about products etc. Thankyouuu!!
My First Video:
(Keep up to date with my chanel as next time I shall use a better camera to film it!!)
I thought I might share the products I use during my everyday hair care routine with you seeing as people always comment on how lovely my hair looks/feels/smells etc. There are 5 items at the moment in which I always will recommend to people in order for them to make the most of their beautiful hair. However it is only the beginning of 2012 and I may find even more hair care products which I am impressed with, so I assure you that I shall keep the growing list updated!
Firstly I shall tell you a little about my hair. I have had many people ask whether I bleach my hair/where do I bleach my hair/what colours do I highlight my hair with and it gets on my nerves so much!! So just to get things clear, my hair is completely NATURAL. I do not bleach or highlight my hair, neither do I have extensions etc. My whole family is blonde/ginger and my dads side especially, I guess this is where I inherited my hair colour from.
Secondly my hair is extremely soft and silky, this could be down to the colour/texture/style (straight) my hair is naturally, the products I use on my hair or how often I wash it. The fact its as soft as it is I find it extremely hard to style it. Normally if I curl my hair it will be flat within an hour no matter how much hairspray I use on it.
Lastly my hair gets very greasy very quickly, so I tend to wash my hair everyday. People may say this is bad blah blah blah, but honestly I don't care. I hate greasy hair, it is one of my pet peeves and if I don't wash my hair I can't bare to go out the house. So I wash my hair every single day, and have been doing so for years now. But yes, this was just some background info on my hairs condition. So altogether I recommend these products to everyone, but especially to people with similar hair texture/type as me.
1. The first hair care product I recommend and use daily is GHD's. I honestly couldn't live without these beautys! I'm sure there are plenty of other great straightners out there, such as Cloud Nine straightners which my uncle has recommended to me before, however I love love love my GHD's. They are a bit on the pricey side but they make your hair smooth and shiny no matter what type of hair you have. Most of you must be wondering why I use my GHDs as I do have naturally straight hair. I use them to straighten my hair if I don't think it's sitting right, I use them to curl/make my hair wavy and also to smooth down my partings. I recommend you buy a pair straight away if you do not already own some! They are honestly one of the best straightners about!
2. The second thing I recommend is HerStyler's Curling Wands. I don't actually own a pair of herstylers curling wands but my friend Hayley does. Whenever she/we use them it makes effortless waves/curls easily and quickly which lasts all day. The curling wand heats up quickly and efficiently so that you can curl your hair within a few minutes. I honestly have not experianced a better product which gives you such great curls within a short amount of time using them! I highly recommend them,although they are awfully expensive at a retail price of about £165, but im sure you could always find them at a cheaper price on the internet. They make your hair shine and look beautiful no matter how you use them to create the style you want. I hopefully shall be getting a pair soon!
3. Last summer the ends of my hair was extremely dry and damaged after I'd spent 2 weeks in Portugal swimming and sunbathing. The high temperatures, lying in the sun all day and swimming in the pool and sea completely ruined my hair, causing lots of split ends to appear. So I went to the hairdressers and had my ends trimmed. Whilst I was there I asked my hairdresser if there were any products which would help my dry ends and she recommended to me Moroccan Oil. I'd never heard of this product before and she explained it was an oil which you put/rubbed onto the ends or effected area of your hair which replenishes, repairs and protects your hair against heat, styling and environmental damage. Many people may be scared to put oil on their hair like I was seeing as I hate oily/greasy hair. However it helped my hair so so much! It protected my ends and made them feel soft and silky again! I have never used a product that has had an immediate effect on my hair like Moroccan Oil did. It repaired it straight away and within a few days my hair was back to its normal shiny-self! You can buy this oil in most hair salons however I am not quite sure if major cosmetic stores such as Boots or Superdrug sell/stock this hair care product, but I definitely recommend it to all of you!
4. The fourth product I really recommend is TRESemme Dry Shampoo. I heard about TRESemme's Dry Shampoo through watching a collective haul video on youtube (it was Zoella's channel: click here for the video). I decided I would try it due to not really liking Batiste Dry Shampoo as I didn't like the smell of it and the feel of it when I sprayed it in my hair. I love dry shampoos as it allows me to be lazy and not wash my hair every day, definitely if I'm really busy or tired! So I bought it and I doubt I'll use any other dry shampoo again. I absolutely adore it, it smells so fresh and nice! Although it still is a white colour I don't really care as I brush or rub it in anyway! I only have good things to say about this product and adivse you all to go and buy it! It may be a tad bit pricier than batiste but it is well worth it as it freshens up my hair making it smell and look cleaner than ever!
5. The fifth hair care products I love to death is the shampoo and conditioners I use. I don't have a specific brand/type of shampoo and conditioner I use as I find that I prefer to swap about every so often. By doing this my hair doesn't become used to the product so feels soft and silky everytime I reuse it a few days later, I advise you try doing this if you feel that your hair isn't as nice and fresh as you hoped. I have a few main shampoos and conditioners I often use and would highly recommend. The first is the Herbal Essences range. I love Herbal Essences, all their shampoos and conditioners work well on my hair and I use any one of their different types of shampoos and conditioners (normally the ones that apply to my hair texture/type at the time). The shampoos smell lovely and fruity, whilst the conditioners are creamy and smooth. They are one of my all time favourite hair care products.
Another brand of hair care products I use is Aussie, I simply adore their conditioners and shampoos as they smell so good and make my hair silky and smooth. I definitely recommend "Take the Heat" shampoo and conditioner, and "Luscious Long" shampoo and conditioner because both help protect my hair and prevents frizzy and fly-away hair.
And there you go, my top five hair care products! Hope you try out some of the hair care products I use in my daily routine and enjoy them just as much as i do!
So lately I haven't really felt like doing blogs due to being extra busy with school and family life. Whilst I've been gone I've been trying out loads of new things which I am excited to write up about! But first things first I've been busy trying to create new and interesting hairstyles. I'm bored of the ordinary straight hair and seeing as my hair is naturally straight I have to depend on straightners or curlers to style it. However I went in to Argos a few weeks ago and brought this new hairstyling product that crimps your hair. It cost me about £30, but it was well worth it! It is an Andrew Barton Triple Barrel Hair Waver and although it can be quite hard to use sometimes (and makes my arm ache trying to make natural boho waves with my hair) its well worth investing into buying this product! It has definitely been added to the growing list of my favourite hair care products. Argos - Andrew Barton Making Waves Triple Barrel Hair Waver - £29.99
Fancy Nancy. Wow oh wow. That shop is literally amazing. I could spend all day in there indulging in their cupcakes and hot drinks! The cakes they make in there are magnificent! My friend Georgia has recently started working in there so I am looking forward to getting free cupcakes! I recently went in there with my mum and she treated me to a cupcake. It was gorgeous! The icing on top was red and in a shape of a rose and it tasted delicious! I have to admit that, yes these cupcakes are a tad bit expensive, but who cares! It won't hurt to spend your cash on one of these beauties every so often. They make my day when I eat one! Yum Yum Yum!
My cousin, Jessica's birthday cake for her 18th from Fancy Nancys. It was delicious!
I thought i might share the products i use during my everyday beauty routine with you as my first ever blog!There are 10 items in which i must always have enable to have a perfect day. I use them literally every day and it would be a disaster if they suddenly discontinued them!!
1. The first item is from The Body Shop and whoever thought up the idea of this product is a genius! It is the Tea Tree Blemish Gel and i use this literally everyday! Its an convenient portable stick that helps to cleanse and fight blemishes without over drying the skin. I use it everytime i have a big red spot on my face and after a few days of using it the spots gone and your skin hasnt even got the slightest mark showing where its been! No more spot popping for me! Its so easy to apply aswell! All you have to do is dab it on and voila! your spot will be gone within a matter of days. Before my mum brought this for me i often had to get out the small bottle of tea tree oil we had in the cupboard and put some onto a tissue. This is deffinitely a must-have product for spot-proned people!
2. The second thing i always use are lip balms. I much prefer lip balms to lipstick or lipgloss as i don't like the colours and the stickiness you get from wearing either lipstick or lipgloss. I love plain, colourless lipbalms that i can apply easily during school time. There are many lip balms i've used but the two i prefer the best are Carmex and Boots' own make of lip balm. Both moisturize and protect my lips the best. I have been using them religiously throughout this winter and my lips have never been better! So if your looking for a good lipbalm look no further than Boots or Superdrug!
Price of Boots Lip Balm: 99p Price of Carmex: £2.65
3. I always always buy Boots' blonde hair accessories since my hair dresser used them ages ago on my hair. Stupidly though i never asked her where she got them from and went on a shopping hunt to find these little beautys. They instantly blend into my hair so i can style my hair without bands and grips being noticably visable! Boots' also do black, brown, white and silver accessories!
4. The fourth item i always use is Soap & Glorys' Hand Food. This is a non-greasy hand cream with shea butter, macadamia oil and marshmallow. Due to me biting the dry skin around my nails, which is a horrible habit! /: i now use Hand Food to get rid of my dry skin which prevents me from biting my dry skin as i no longer have any! It is literally amazing but i advise you to put only a little blob on your hands as it can take a long time to rub in. I normally smother my hands with it and put on a pair of gloves for an hour or so. When you take the gloves off all the hand cream has soaked into your hands leaving them ludicrously soft! Not only that but is smells so yummy!
5. My fifth must-have item is Leighton Denny's Crystal Nail File. I never ever cut my nails anymore since i got this for my birthday almost a year ago. I got the set including two crystal nail files, one small and the other larger. I have used them religiously every weekend as my nails grow astonishingly fast! Ever since i've started using them my nails have been noticably stronger and smoother. The advantage of using crystal nail files is the fact that the nails wont break as easily and also that you can go back and fourth when filing them down unlike other nail files. Although it took a little while to get used to them as they are harder to use than the normal nail files i can now easily file down my nails within 20 minutes or so ( i take a long time as i'm a bit of a perfectionist plus i like my nails short. ) My mum also has the black crystal nail file but i'm unsure if they still sell it as i think it was limited adition. Though it is expensive it is well worth the money seeing as its 'Lifetime Guaranteed'.
6. The sixth item on my list is Sally Hansen's Miracle Cure Nail Polish. I use this everytime my nails break and within a few days my nails are healthy and strong once again. Although i do find the nail polish very gloopy and thick which makes it difficult to spread on without getting lumps and bumps. I also find that it takes forever to dry which is a pain in the bum as i am used to fast drying nail varnishes and often smudge and chip the nailpolish. But it isn't so bad as the nail polish is infact clear so dont be tricked by the colour of the bottle which is blue! i often use it as a base coat or a top coat when i paint my nails ( usually top ). My mum recomends it to everyone with weak, breakable nails! Sally Hansen also does a range of other nail polishes that help improve your nails so check them out on her website!
7. I was recently introduced to Lush's Bubble Gum Lip Scrub by my friend Tilly which she applied on her lips 24/7 when we went to London. Since then i managed to go into Lush and buy a pot of the yummy smelling stuff. I absolutely love it, it smells so scrummy and i often eat the sugary lip scrub rather than apply it to my lips. But recently disaster struck while i was walking around Leigh with my bestfriend Georgia as the pots lid had come undone and the whole pot of sticky sugary lip scrub was in the bottom of my bag. All my stuff was smothered in the sweet smelling stuff. So i have to wait and go to Lush again to buy another pot of the lovely stuff! Hopefully i will be going next weekend or so to Bluewaters so i can buy it! I miss using it terribly as it helped resolve the problem of dry lips! I urge you to buy this product if you have dry lips! If you are not a fan of bubblegum flavoured and scented things then i suggest you opt for the two other flavours; Sweet Lips and Mint Julips.
8. My eighth must-have item is Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. I am so glad my mum found this product! I think she found it nearly two years ago and i have used it ever since then! Every night i use this to wash my face and i absolutely love it! It is one of my favourite beauty products as it is made by natural ingrediants only and removes all types of makeup easily! Ever since i have used this product removing makeup from my skin has been easy and simple, plus my skin has been a lot clearer and smoother! I deffinitely advise you to buy this product. This product includes a free cleansing cloth to wash your face with.
9. My second from last product on my must-have list is L'Oreal's Natural Liss Hair Gel. This is great for my hair which is partially thick and can become very fly away! This is a hair gel which protects and prevents flyaway, damaged hair. I apply this on my damp hair after taking a shower and just blowdry it. The end results are excellent as my hair feels silkier and softer than before and also it stops my hair from becoming fly away. Though don't use this product too much as it begins to loose its effect after a while so i use it every few days.
10. My last must-have item is Aveeno's Moisturising Lotion. It was suggested to me from my private doctor that looks at my skin. She advised that i used this if my skin got too dry whilst using the gel she had appointed for me to use on a daily basis. Although i have stopped using the gel i still use this moisturiser as it is unbelievably good. Though i do warn you now to only put a tiny little blob in your hand as it is incredibly greasy. Within a few days my skin is soft and smooth once again. It doesn't smell all too nice but oh well, i love it anyway!
And there you go, my top ten must-haves! Hope you try out some of the products i use in my daily routine and enjoy them just as much as i do!